About This Exhibit:
This site has been archived. By clicking the exhibition link below, you are leaving the University of Delaware Library's website. Pages in this exhibition may be out of date, and links may be broken and/or no longer maintained.
Dr. John A. Munroe (1914–2006) was a noted authority on Delaware history and a highly regarded educator who spent over 60 years on the faculty of the University of Delaware. The Wilmington native was also an alumnus, receiving his B.A. in 1936 and his M.A. in 1941. The University of Delaware named Dr. Munroe the H. Rodney Sharp Professor of History in 1962. Over the course of his career he also acted as head of the History Department, co–founded the Hagley Fellowship, and assisted with the establishment of the Winterthur Program in American Material Culture. The exhibit displayed his professional achievements through a photograph and his published material.
This single case exhibition was originally on display in the Morris Library Information Room from November 13-30, 2012.
Tags: Delaware–History; University of Delaware; Munroe, John A. (John Andrew), 1914-2006