Selected materials related to Pauline Young at UD
- MSS 0113, Alice Dunbar-Nelson papers
- MSS 0179, Robert H. Richards, Jr., Delaware Oral History collection: Pauline A. Young oral history
- MSS 0256, Pauline A. Young collection
- MSS 0629, Littleton and Jane Mitchell papers
- MSS 0099, F0899, Rayford W. Logan letter to Pauline Young
- Newton, James E. The Curmudgeon. 1996. Limited edition drawing.
- Reed, Henry Clay, ed. Delaware: A History of the First State. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1947.
Primary sources at other institutions
Collections and archives at the Arden Craft Shop Museum.
Pauline A. Young papers. Archives Research Center. Robert W. Woodruff Library at Atlanta University Center.
W.E.B. Du Bois Papers. Special Collections and University Archives, University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries.
Selected exhibition references
Arnold, Stephanie L. “Mural honors East Side's achievers.” News Journal (Wilmington, DE), October 19, 2002. ProQuest Global Newsstream.
Campbell, Roy H. “Archives of Achievement.” Philadelphia Inquirer, February 27, 1991. Newspapers.com.
Canavan, Kathy. “At 90, George Johnson Is Still Ahead of His Time.” Evening Journal (Wilmington, DE), April 24, 1979. Newspapers.com.
“Del. woman proud of Jamaica march.” Afro-American (Baltimore, MD), September 14, 1963. ProQuest Historical Newspapers.
“Howard School Affairs.” News Journal (Wilmington, DE), September 11, 1935. Newspapers.com.
Lyon, Marvin P., Jr. “Blacks at Penn, then and now.” In A Pennsylvania Album: Undergraduate Essays on the 250th Anniversary, edited by Richard Slator Dunn and Mark Frazier Lloyd, 43-47. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 1990.
Massachusetts Vital Records, 1840–1911. New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. Ancestry.com.
“School Librarian Wins $700 on TV.” Journal-Every Evening (Wilmington, DE), April 27, 1957. Newspapers.com.
"Wilmington, Del." Chicago Defender, August 23, 1924. ProQuest Historical Newspapers.
Woolard-Provine, Annette. Integrating Delaware: The Reddings of Wilmington. Newark: University of Delaware Press, 2003.